TELL US THE STORY OF HOW YOUR BUSINESS GOT STARTED
I’m a third generation Woolman so working with wool is second nature to me. Shortly after leaving university, I joined the family interiors business, part-time. At the time, we specialised in interior design and bespoke wool carpets but when I eventually took the business over, I expanded into soft accessories and other custom hand knitting yarns where I ended up developing yarns and woven products for a number of different brands and designers. Today, we are still very much a family business and take great pride in creating new ranges of exclusive wool products; from throws and other soft furnishings to knitwear and hand knitting yarns (and of course, bespoke wool carpets).
WHAT INSPIRES YOUR BRAND / DESIGN PROCESS?
British textile heritage is an important inspiration in what we do as a business, drawing on traditional designs and manufacturing techniques before giving them a modern day twist. British textiles were known as high quality and we put in the time and expense to make sure our products live up to that reputation.
WHY DID YOU CHOOSE TO USE BRITISH WOOL IN YOUR PRODUCTS?
In part, because we believe in supporting local industry but also because British wools are capable of so much more than they seem to be credited for; from beautiful hand knitting yarns to luxurious wool throws and carpets, everything I’ve set out to make has performed brilliantly in British Wool.
WHAT DO YOU VALUE THE MOST WHEN USING BRITISH WOOL?
Aside from the quality of the fibre, the provenance and that I know it supports the British farming community are of huge value, to not just myself but my customers as well.
WHO ARE THE PEOPLE BEHIND YOUR BRAND?
We’re a family business so while my name is on the website, there’s a number of us working behind the scenes.
WHAT IS THE DREAM AND WHERE WILL YOUR JOURNEY TAKE YOU NEXT?
Our dream is to use more British wool in a larger selection of products and to showcase our brand around the world. Watch this space…
“As a third-generation woolman I have always been keen to support the British wool industry and am delighted to be part of this website showcasing the best in British wool.”
All orders include FREE UK shipping.
Shipping times vary on all orders, although we do our best to get all orders despatched within 24hr please allow up to 7 working days for delivery.
All our products are manufactured in traditional UK mills and are hand inspected prior to being packaged for sale to ensure they meet our high standards. Unless listed otherwise, all our products are of ‘first’ ‘‘perfect’ quality.
• Please contact us before attempting any returns for an official authorisation reference and our returns address.
• Due to health and safety, we cannot accept returns of any opened and/or used items unless they are found to be faulty.
• All returned items will be thoroughly inspected to ensure they have been returned in the same unopened condition as they were despatched.
• Returned items remain your responsibility until received by ACO and so must be sent on a tracked and insured service. ACO are not responsible for any items lost in transit.
• ACO will only refund return shipping costs should an item be found to be faulty.
• Exchanges: we are happy to exchange items providing items are returned unopened and in original condition.
• Exchanged items are returned at your expense, please use a tracked and insured service as ACO are not responsible for any items lost in transit.
• All exchanges carry a £5 handling fee which includes P&P of the new item – to be invoiced via PayPal once the exchange has been authorised.
• If there is a price difference between exchangeable items, we will either refund or invoice the difference – please contact us for more information.
• For further information on our returns procedures, please contact us – we will do our best to reply within 24hrs.
All items offered on the British Wool website are subject to availability. When you place an order we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order. We offer free UK shipping on all orders. We aim to dispatch all online orders within 2-3 working days. Please keep in mind that we are a small company and it may take us a little longer during busy periods. We always get our orders out as quickly as possible.
Due to health and safety, we cannot accept returns on any opened and/or used items unless they are found to be damaged or faulty. All our products have been checked by hand to make sure they meet our high standards.
Please read our Returns Policy on our Shipping & Returns page or contact us before attempting any return for more information.
These Terms and Conditions do not affect any of your statutory rights.
Curtis International Ltd. trading as Adam Curtis Online and The Real Shetland Company Ltd. VAT No. 447 5437 28. Company Registration No. 6538174
Telephone No. +44 (0)1423 734723
Telephone: +44 (0)1423 734723